Black nails are a symptom caused by changes in the nail bed. They are usually caused by physical or chemical injury to the affected area. Today, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you the causes of black toenails and risk factors in this article. Just keep reading!
The most common causes of this type of black line on the nails are:
- Poor hygiene.
- Exposure to chemicals and certain acidic or irritating substances.
- Hyperpigmentation arising from lesions.
Possible causes of black toenail lines can include fungal diseases, bacterial infections, traumatic injuries, or a lack of vitamins. In some rare cases, it can also be a sign of a rare form of cancer.
The main risk factors associated with black toenails are:
- Excessive exposure to the sun.
- Frequent use of cosmetics.
- Wearing tight or ill-fitting shoes.
Hoping that this article has pleased you and will give you ideas! In addition, I also advise you to invest in some professional manicure and pedicure sets to care for nails.